Before I saw the Ontel Arctic Cooling Cap displayed in an Ace Hardware Store in Pasadena, CA I had never heard of it. The promotional signage said “As seen on TV” but I don’t watch much TV. It’s only $20, so I decided to give it a try.
As I mention in the video below, it really does work. I felt the cooling effects, for sure.
Want one like this? Get it on Amazon
Video: Review of Ontel Arctic cooling hat
What I like about the Arctic brand cooling hat:
- It really does keep you cooler
- Costs about the same as a cap of similar quality
- Super easy to adjust the size
- Very comfortable fit with great ventilation
- Reflective bill and cap reduce heat from sunlight
- Material wicks moisture when dry, keeps your head cool when wet
- Since it’s designed to get wet, you can (hand) wash it often
What I don’t like about the hat
As of yet, I have no dislikes about the Arctic cooling hat. It’s not exactly stylish, so I guess I could ding it for that. Then again, I haven’t seen too many hats out on hiking trails that are stylish. Function is definitely more important than form when it comes to outdoor gear.
Have questions? Ask in the comments.
Full disclosure: if you buy the hat by clicking on the link above, I’ll get a small (real small) commission. That’s not why I’m recommending it. I really think this hat is worth the money and I now wear mine several times a week.
Did you know I published a guide to help you discover more amazing places in Arizona? Check out Arizona Bucket List Adventure Guide & Journal