GET READY TO EXPLORE
Arizona is loaded with natural wonders
Ready to begin exploring?
Start by clicking around this site for insights and tips on the most spectacular experiences you can have in the Grand Canyon State.
Once known as the Arizona Territory, Arizona became the 48th of the United States in 1912. Only Alaska and Hawaii earned statehood afterward. But check this out: Evidence at ruins sites suggest that the region was inhabited as early as 500 BC.
Arizona quick facts:
- 6 national forests
- 20 national parks and monuments
- Ranks 4th of 50 states in public land acreage
- 35-plus million acres of public lands
- 35 state parks covering more than 64,000 acres
This is Arizona!
Wide open spaces
With over 114,000 square miles of land between its borders, you could fit the state of Indiana into Arizona three times and still have room to squeeze in Delaware and Rhode Island.
Much of Arizona receives only ten inches or less of rain per year, yet it’s incredibly blessed with GORGE-ous rivers and lakes that rarely freeze over.
The tall, stately Saguaro cactus is an Arizona icon. Did you know the plant is about 70 years old before its first “arm” emerges? Sure, there’s an expansive desert landscape here, but so is the largest forest of Ponderosa Pine trees in the world.
Want the inside scoop on more amazing places like this? Grab a copy of Arizona Bucket List Adventure Guide.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What do you want to do on your Arizona adventure?
Like maps? Me too. That’s why I plotted these awesome places on this map for easy reference:
More tips to help you prepare for your Arizona adventure:
- Explore the ancient ruins of Wupatki National Monument and you’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time
- Why we should still honor the legacy of the men of the Civilian Conservation Corps
- Memorable winter sunset 01-11-2022
- Here’s your 2022 full moon planning calendar for Arizona
- Sunrise transforms the sky above Phoenix into a kaleidoscope of colors
Ready to get going? Check out these resources to help you get ready for your Arizona adventure.