The Grand Canyon state is home to 22 national parks and monuments. Lucky for us, 10 of them are absolutely free to the public. Don’t mistake free for boring. Some of the most amazing sights in Arizona can be found here:
- Agua Fria National Monument
- Canyon de Chelly National Monument
- Chiricahua National Monument
- Coronado National Monument
- Hubbell Trading Post National Historic Site
- Navajo National Monument
- Ironwood Forest National Monument
- Vermilion Cliffs National Monument
- Grand Canyon Parashant National Monument
- Sonoran Desert National Monument
Planning tip: Although you don’t need advance permits or reservations to enter the monuments, it is required that you be led by a guide to some of the protected sites; especially at Canyon de Chelly, Navajo and Vermilion Cliffs. Check the National Parks website for further details.
We have had the opportunity to visit Navajo and Canyon de Chelly National Monuments, as well as the Hubbell Trading Post and had a wonderful time. Arizona has so many fantastic destinations! Thank you for bringing back pleasant memories.